The Facebook-owned company, WhatsApp is adding back-to-back new features to its platform in order to improve the overall user experience. After introducing the PIP( Picture-In-Picture) mode for its Android App last week, WhatsApp now brought the feature to the WhatsApp Web. This feature is already rolled out in iOS for over a year ago.
The PIP(Picture-In-Picture) feature allows users to view shared videos inside WhatsApp in a pop-up/floating window without leaving the app. According to the report of WABetaInfo, WhatsApp has enabled the PIP(Picture-In-Picture) feature for all WhatsApp Web users globally and if you want to use this feature on WhatsApp Web make sure that you have the latest version 0.3.1846. If you want to see the version of WhatsApp Web, you can open WhatsApp Web and go to Settings>Help. Then you will be able to see the version you are currently on.
To use the feature you have to follow these steps :
- Firstly, WhatsApp Web must be running on version 0.3.1846.
- If the version of WhatsApp is as mentioned above then open any chat in which you have received a third-party video link.
- When the video is presented, you can choose to play it in PIP(Picture-In-Picture) mode.
- And the video will be played on top of the WhatsApp Chat Window.
- You can drag and change the position of the video.
- There will also be an option to watch the video in full-screen mode.
At the moment the feature is restricted to shared videos. According to WABetaInfo, WhatsApp was testing this feature also for videos hosted on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Streamable. It is expected that the feature for video hosted sites like Facebook, Instagram and Youtube will available very soon.