Google Photos is an app which not only shows you the images of your device’s as well as it is one of the best options to take the backup of your photos and videos. It got more famous as Picasa got retired. On 12 February 2016, Google officially announced that Picasa will be discontinued on 15 March 2016. At the time of today, if you open Picasa website, it will show you that ‘moving on Google Photos from Picasa’. Google says that the main reason for retiring Picasa is to focus on single photo service, Google Photos.
It is a service which is cross-platform based which means you can use Google Photos on Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac and on Windows PC. It is also available as a web-based application which means you can access Google Photos just by opening the Its Website. It was officially announced on 28 May 2015.
It gives you free Unlimited Storage for your uploaded photos if you select ‘High Quality’ as the upload size option but if you select ‘Original’ as the upload size option, all your photos will be uploaded without any compression and as well as Google will set a storage limit quota to your Google account. Google gives you 15GB per account storage but if you want more space you can buy more storage if you want.
If you chose the ‘High Quality’ option, Google will automatically detect and compress the photos which are larger than 16MP but there is a good thing which is that you get unlimited storage for your backups if you select ‘High Quality’ as the upload size option.
AutoBackup To Google Photos From Smartphone:
- At first, download the Google Photos app for your smartphone OS.
- Open the app and click on the menu button or three lines which are showing on the top left of the app.
- Then open ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Back up & sync’ option.
- Then Turn it on by tapping it and then to set automatic upload you have to select the backup folders and then you have to select upload size, we have already told you about it on the above lines so see them.
- The next step is to toggle on Photos and Videos option in ‘CELLULAR DATA BACKUP’ tab.
AutoBackup To Google Photos From PC:
There is a bit different method to auto backup photos and videos to Google Photos from PC. To auto backup photos and videos to it from PC follow the steps below.
- At first, you have to download Backup & Sync From Google and install it.
- Then after it, you have to Sign in it with your Google account.
- Then you have to select the folders which you want to auto backup.
- And then You have to Select upload size, we have already told you about it on the above lines so see them.
- Then you have to tick on the ‘Upload Photos and videos to Google Photos’ option.
- You can choose what you want to sync files from Google drive or not.
- Then click on ‘Ok’ to start the backup process.